Thursday, May 21, 2009

Finally a compassionate nurse!

My OBGYN took two days to get an appointment with the high risk doctor. In my world two days felt like a life time! I am pretty sure between Neal and I we drove the lady crazy. I think she only works 2 hours a day and hardly works when she is there. Anyways, they could not get me in until next Thursday. I called the high risk doctor and told her my story and simply asked if she could ease my fears. The nurse was very kind and said she would gather all of the facts, talk to the docs and give me an opinion. Apparently the only way they were comfortable was to see me and do another ultrasound. After talking to the docs, they managed to squeeze me in tomorrow at 8am. I am so happy about this. I was ok the first couple of days, but last night I started losing sleep and kept thinking I have 7 more days to wait! I am constantly analyzing every movement and kick, wondering when another will come and trying to figure out who I am feeling. Luckily our little guy has had hiccups the last two mornings and I am 100% positive it is him! It sounds as though they will be monitoring me weekly going forward. Worrying.... I am going to have to find a way to control this as I am sure it only gets worse when the little ones are out in the world, physically detached from their mommy. Reading this makes me realize how crazy I am. I even contemplated deleting the entry. Oh well, I cannot hide who I am. Feel free to look at me and say to yourself or out loud, she is crazy, I know I am!



This is the craziest picture I could find...Neal changing Connor's diaper...now that is crazy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

trying to change it diaper was like trying to catch a greased pig.

McCauley's Blog said...

Not so easy there Neal...eh?

Anonymous said...

You are not crazy! It is totally normal for you to freak out about things. It's all new and scary. Don't let others kid you that they didn't do the same thing. And most of them were only worrying about a singleton! Worry all you want, it's perfectly natural, and you'll be doing it for a long time to come. :)

Marsha Mc