Friday, June 5, 2009

Pediatrician

We met with a pediatrician earlier this week. I am 99% sure we are going to go with her. She seemed to be in agreement with a lot of the things that were important to us. I also liked the support she provided regarding breastfeeding. I do not want pressure about doing it. I am very interested in doing it, but also want to sleep at some point in the next year. The doc mentioned the days in the hospital are most important for both mom and baby to learn and to use the lactation consultants. For this reason, you may see a note on our hospital door saying breast feeding almost around the clock. I need all of the free help I can get.

It is funny how you come to terms this last month of the pregnancy. I always thought I would be scared to death of birth. Don't get me wrong, I am sure I will still freak out, but I am much more calm. I remember my girlfriend telling me this about 3 months ago and I thought she was nuts, but now I get it. I am getting to the point where I am just ready to meet the little ones and go to the next stage of life with them. I would like to put a disclaimer in that at any point in the future I can wish them back in! About 30 days and counting until Neal and I are parents. Scary, I know!

I did not get an invitation, but there is a party going on in my belly. It has been crazy all day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's funny - I assume I am your friend you thought was nuts a few months ago! :)

You will most likely feel the same way during the delivery too - you would think you would freak out while it's all happening but you go into a survival kind of mode. It's pretty amazing - I think I'm ready to do it all over again!

Suzy