Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Does labor hurt as much as...

At our birthing class there was one dad to be that was trying to compare labor pain to the pain he encountered after back surgery. I have never been in labor, but I know women do not talk about it, so it cannot be good. Frankly, I do not want to know in advance, it will just freak me out. The dad to be pushed the questions further asking "Is labor like an 8 on the typical 1 to 10 pain scale?" One woman who had previously given birth said it was about a 20. Finally the dad to be shut up! Afterwards I told Neal how thankful I am that he is not like this. Not once has he said "suck it up, I have had multiple abdominal surgeries including 2 kidney transplants". Or "I felt worse than you when I was on dialysis". Never has he tried to compare my upcoming pain to his. I feel bad for that mom to be that is married to a douche bag!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn. A 10 looks worse when it is written in Farsi.