Sunday, August 30, 2009

Two Month Well Baby Appointment

All in all a good appointment today for the babies. The doctor kinda pissed me off, the receptionist was extremely rude, but the babies are fine. Here are the stats:

Grady
Head circumference 15.5
Length 21 10th percentile
Weight 11 pounds 3 ounces 40th percentile

Gwen
Head circumference 15
Length 21 10th percentile
Weight 10 pounds 25th percentile

So what did we learn... They are both going to be midgets, wait no, the doctor said petite. How on earth you can tell that in two months is beyond me. Grady's head is not that much larger than Gwen's. It appears much larger, but only a half inch. We also learned that he still has a bad flat spot on his head. He just loves looking to the right. I keep telling him that he is missing out on everything going on on the left, but he does not seem to care.

Both babies got shots today. 3 a piece. Believe it or not, this was the first time I have heard Grady really cry. He was actually worse than Gwen. After the doc we went to lunch and did some shopping. Once we got home, both babies passed out.




Surprisingly my doctor did not know if it was ok to use generic formula. How is that I ask? I cannot believe she has not received this question before. I am convinced the formula companies are giving her a week long cruise a year for her to say that to a mom. Of course if I start using it, I will feel guilty since my doctor did not approve it. Too bad she is not paying for it. She also suggested that if the babies are eating all of their bottles, I should be giving them another ounce. Her words "there should always be a little formula leftover". My question to her "when will you be sending a check to my house to pay for all of this leftover formula?" For those of you that do not know, one can of name brand formula costs about $23. With two babies, I go through about two a week. Once they start eating more, I estimate I will need four cans a week. In case you cannot do the math, that will be $100 a week, $400 a month, a car payment! Generic is about half of that, so a used car payment. Perhaps Neal should get that second job at Fedex!

We have been cleared to start swimming. That will hopefully be our adventure this weekend, along with the babies first Buckeye game. We will be watching it on tv and they will probably sleep through it, however I have already trained Grady to say O-H and Gwen to say I-O. They are so advanced.

No comments: