Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I had a dream

And unfortunately it was just a dream. After going to our real home on Friday evening we saw some progress, albeit small, the light fixtures were up in almost every room. I had that little bit of hope inside of me come alive again. We will someday be back home. I still do not think the fire has truly set in. I am not freaked out by fire. How can that be if my house caught on fire? Is it because we made it out ok? Because I did not even know our house was on fire? Whatever it is I am glad. I hope the fear does not set in when we move home. Let's just say my video monitor will be set up at home. The life of my children is way more important than mine. Have you ever heard of any one's house burning down not only once, but twice? I think our odds are pretty good that we are safe, although we do tend to defy the odds on just about everything. My dad reminded me on Friday that it was Friday the 13th. That does not scare me at all as we tend to have bad luck on any give date. 7/22/09 the house burnt down (ok not completely burnt down, but it adds some drama), 10/5/07 Neal was put into a medically induced coma and we would be unsure whether he would return to us for weeks, 1/17/08 we found out not only that our best friend had cancer but that it was transplanted into Neal. I know whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! But seriously, what the hell else could happen. Anyways, back to my dream, I woke up and just knew I was in my bedroom back at home. Unfortunately I looked around and realized I was still in our mint green rental house. Oh well, could be worse. Good thing is I know that someday my dream will come true and I will wake up in my freshly painted bedroom with brand new windows and my first ever matching bedroom set.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

TO LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER

LOVE DAD

Anonymous said...

Gwen and Grady, you "little dollies", I can't wait to see
you at Thanksgiving,I love you
both, Grandma Dorothy