Friday, November 20, 2009

Parenting

My thoughts on parenting change every week. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but I have so much to learn. It is the biggest challenge of my life. Trying to raise a human being to be loving, honest and independent. I know, they are only 4 months old! We have a new hurdle every week. Last week was sleeping through the night and we did accomplish it, but it was hard. This week we are working on our schedule, naps and bottles. Babies really are habitual, so it is your job as a parent to help them to form good habits. Unfortunately you do not realize the bad habits until they are formed! Then it is painful to make the change, but deep down you know it is the best thing for them. We went to the lights at the zoo tonight and heard a woman couting to get her kid to stop something and she said I am only going to count to ten. I know that will happen to us someday, but I will do everything I can to teach these kids we can have much more fun if they listen. Easier said than done, everything is! That is my two cents, take it for what it is worth. Here is a picture of the babies bundled up at the zoo.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow look at those big eyes...

welcome to the life of a parent

now you know what it is to give all of you

but what great joy you get out of it

over the rest of your life

it is worth every minute of it

enjoy enjoy enjoy


love dad

McCauley's Blog said...

Do the kids yell shotgun yet to see who gets the front seat of the stroller?