Friday, September 11, 2009

Sleepy Time

It has been a rough couple of days getting the babies to sleep. When I say rough, it is no where near what a colicky baby would be, rough for what we are used to. Typically we can put the babies in their crib whatever time and even if they are not tired they just lay there and make noises until they fall asleep. This week has been different. Grady has been fussier than normal and Gwen needs to be rocked to sleep and sometimes that does not work. I actually had to bring her downstairs at 10:30 and shake her in the bouncy seat. I know what you are thinking, you are not supposed to shake a baby. It is not that kind of shake, at least I do not think so! So I have come to some conclusions. They had some big transitions this week. They are now sleeping in separate cribs, they are no longer being swaddled and they swithced to footy pajamas. That is a lot when you are used to a world of laying on your back and staring at the ceiling with a onsie on. I am sure they will be settled in a week or so. In the meantime, look how cute they are in their new pajamas.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute. I wish they had footie jammies in my size.

S

Blink said...

I was just going to say that I'd love to wear footie pajamas, but someone beat me to it!

Unknown said...

Oh they do, Stac:). Neal and Michele bought us MATCHING footie pj's when we had Connor...they're hilarious. I'd let you borrow them but Ryan would kill me - it would take all the romance out of our evenings.