Friday, September 11, 2009

Two things I have learned

There are two things I have learned with having kids.

1) No woman tells you what a challenge pregnancy and children can be
2) Bouncy seats need some revising


No woman ever tells you what a challenge pregnancy and children can be. Pregnancy is difficult. Physically it takes a toll on your body both during and after. There are certain activities you cannot partake it and I am not just talking about beer. I look back and remember my pregnant friends having to sit behind while we rode mopeds, hung out past 7pm or camped on a hot summer night. It is the beginning of your path to selflessness. If you do not have children, you do not know what this word means. Children and parents define the word selfless. Perhaps that is why woman never discuss this. You don't know until you do it. Along with this challenge comes the most rewarding thing you will ever experience in your life. We created two beautiful human beings. That is a miracle. I cannot imagine life without them. I do everything for them. The babies make me a better person.

On to the more serious issue of bouncy seats. I will make 3 revisions to my bouncy seat once I get around to getting a patent and a manufacturer in my spare time:
1) The damn thing should actually bounce with a battery, not my foot.
2) The toys will be in red, white and black. Apparently these are the colors that stimulate the baby, yet none of the toys have these colors.
3) The toys that hang above will have a folding mechanism so that you can pick your baby up out of the seat without banging their head into the toys.
Does anyone out there hear me?