Sunday, December 20, 2009

Home Sweet Home

As of Wednesday the 16th we are officially back home. The fire happened almost 5 months ago. Things look pretty good overall. Best of all, we are borrowing Connor's Jumparoo and Gwen loves it. I was too lazy to move it to the rental, then turn around a month later and move it home. I will get a video up as soon as my husband sends it to me. So far every day has been met with a challenge. Day 1 I went to take my first long hot shower only to discover our drain was clogged. The water in the toilet started to rise. Luckily I ran downstairs and the plumber was there. Took Roto Rooter a couple of hours to fix. Day 2, I ask Neal to hook up the washer and dryer downstairs until the guys come to move it up to the second floor. After doing a load, I realize the agitator is not working. I decided it is not the best idea to put a 10 year old piece of equipment on the second floor and we go drop a load of dough to get a new set. Day 3, cable tv goes out in our bedroom. Cable guy spends 3 hours on a Sunday only to tell us the thing is really screwed up and someone has to come out again. It is really hard to keep 2 Beagles quiet outside in the cold. Ok, have I complained enough. I am happy to be home, but not sure I should go to bed, what will happen tomorrow?????

No comments: